CASTLE BELVEDERE, POTSDAM, RECONSTRUCTION (PROJECT MANAGEMENT)
Facts and Figures
Belvedere Castle on the Pfingstberg in Potsdam (built between 1847 and 1863 by architects Ludwig Persius, Friedrich Stüler and Ludwig Ferdinand Hesse based on plans drawn up by Frederick William IV) has been transformed from a neglected ruin back into a romantic castle. The project was funded by private donations, and ECE founder ECE founder Prof. Dr. Werner Otto donated around 6.5 million euros towards the restoration of the derelict structure.
April 2001 (western tower and western colonnade)
June 2003 (eastern tower, eastern colonnade and northern arcade)
Foundation of Prussian Castles and Gardens, Berlin-Brandenburg
Project control and budget monitoring