Your target position: Architectural Drafter
You transform the architect’s design sketches such as floor plans, sections, and views into drawings that conform to standards. You actively support our building projects’ planning and construction processes and ensure that the necessary documents are available. In this context, you are responsible for managing the different drawings for a project and saving the data.
- Duration of the training program: 3 years (can be reduced to 2.5 years)
- Vocational school: Berufliche Schule Bautechnik BS 08 (Billwerder Billdeich 622 in Hamburg); classroom instruction is held in 6-week blocks (twice per year); subjects include building theory, materials science, business English, communication, economics, CAD with AutoCAD
- Training content: Basic concepts and skills related to drawing on a drawing board and using CAD on a PC, working as part of a project team on current projects
- Mandatory internship at a company active in the construction industry (9 weeks)
- You have earned a diploma that qualifies you to attend college or a university of applied sciences, or a secondary school completion certificate
- You have a good sense of spatial awareness
- You work precisely and have a good understanding of technical concepts
- You possess good math skills
- You are a team player and can communicate effectively
How to apply:
Vocational training programs start on September 1 each year. You will find the job advertisement and details on how to apply on our job board in the September of the preceding year. You are also welcome to send us your unsolicited application to karriere(at)ece.com.