ESG @ ECE Real Estate Partners
For our fund management company ECE Real Estate Partners, which manages assets in an open-end and several closed-end shopping center funds as well as a hotel fund, ESG criteria are decisive. Focusing on high-quality, existing shopping centers with a strong market position and value enhancement potential, sustainability aspects are essential for investment decisions.
Green Star 2020
Platinum and Gold Awarded
Selected portfolio milestones and targets
- GRESB Green Star 2020
- DGNB Platinum and DGNB Gold awards
- BREEAM Excellent awards
- 4 out of 5 stars for Fund I in the GRESB sustainability ranking
- 3 out of 5 stars for Fund II in GRESB sustainability ranking
- Complete recertifications for all of the funds' facilities by 2021
- 100% use of green electricity in the funds' centers by 2025
- Further optimization of energy consumption and reduction of CO2 emissions through targeted measures at all centers
Sustainable measures in our shopping centers
Sustainability approach of ECE Real Estate Partners
DEDICATED TEAM & STRATEGY
- Sustainability management at all organizational levels of the fund manager and the investment team.
- Compliance officer and two dedicated members of the investment team responsible for coordinating ESG-specific issues and continuously improving ECE REP's sustainability strategy
- Regular ESG training and industry conferences (e.g. INREV Sustainability Conference) and ongoing collaboration and exchange with ECE to ensure effective ESG management across the group
ESG REPORTING / CORPORATE PLANNING
- ECE REP defines an individual sustainability strategy for each asset in close cooperation with ECE (center management, technical team, leasing and asset management).
- Quarterly reporting includes a fund-specific sustainability report outlining key ESG initiatives and their respective progress during the reporting period
- Annual business planning for each center includes a center-specific ESG section that outlines individual sustainability goals and their progress
CONTINUOUS ESG IMPROVEMENT MEASURES
- Improvement measures based on detailed business plans and capex schedules.
- Green lease agreements as a mandatory annex to the ECE standard lease agreement (includes rules and guidelines for sustainable operation of the rental unit (cleaning, waste disposal, energy consumption) as well as equipment (building materials, etc.))
- Other sustainability measures include: Conversion to LED lighting, construction of e-charging station, greening projects, continuous improvement of HVAC systems.
CERTIFICATION & GRESB BENCHMARKING
- Comprehensive benchmarking of ECE REP funds in compliance with the strictest criteria by the market leader GRESB
- Certification of all centers according to international standards